How can I become a CASA?
Thank you for your interest in the Advocate Training Program. To be accepted into the training program, you must be at least 21 years of age, complete an application and participate in an interview. In order to become a CASA, you must complete approximately 30 hours of training and court observation, and pass a DCFS background check. Training sessions are held at the discretion of CASA based upon current volunteer needs.
Click here for the Advocate Role Description
Requirements and dates for our next session are below. If you would like to be considered for this training sessions, online applications are now being accepted below. Interviews will be scheduled beginning in June.
General Advocate Pre-Service Training Requirements
- Attendance at all training session classes (see below)
- Completion of approximately 12 hours of online courses/homework
- Attendance at ONE court observation date
- Completion of DCFS Background Check
Fall 2023 Advocate Pre-Service Training
· Attendance is required at all following dates:
- Wednesday, September 6, 2023: 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 13, 2023: 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 23, 2023: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 27, 2023: 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 4, 2023: 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Evening training sessions will be held in person at the DuPage County Government Complex, located at 421 N. County Farm, Wheaton, IL. The Saturday session will be held in person at the Glen Ellyn Police Department Community Room, 65 S Park Blvd, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Attendance at ONE court observation date is required. Tentative dates are:
- Tuesday, September 19, 2023: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 am.
- Tuesday, September 26, 2023: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 am.
- Tuesday, October 3, 2023: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Class members must also complete 12 hours on online courses/homework as assigned and a DCFS Background Check
To complete the online application, click here.
Further questions about becoming an advocate can be directed to Kathie Paravola, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org